It doesn’t matter if you live in a city or out on the bayou: if you own property, you probably want to build a fence. When you are deciding what kind of fence you’d like to install on your property, especially here in Louisiana where your needs are so different depending on where you live, there are several varieties you’re probably considering. These are wooden fences, chain link fences, and vinyl fences. Additionally, you may want to consider installing a privacy fence. Here is some information about installing different types of Louisiana fences no matter if you live in Jefferson, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Saint Tammany or Lafayette as well as East and West Feliciana Parish.
If you are looking for a fence, wood is a very versatile and traditional material to use. Wooden fences are probably one of the most popular fences to build and install, and the materials are generally easy to find. The cost of wooden fences can vary greatly depending on the type of wood you use, though. This is especially true if you are building a wood privacy fence.
More and more, vinyl fences are becoming popular alternatives to wood s and chain link fences, especially if you live in Lafayette or Caddo. Vinyl fences are attractive, easy to install, and long lasting.
Chain link fences
Chain link fences are a very popular choice because they come in a variety of colors, sizes and gauges. There are four basic components that go into a chain link fence: the gate, fittings, framework and fabric (if you want to have fabric; a lot of people omit it). The actual parts of the come in a lot of different coatings which give the a different appearance and durability. The most common chain link fence coating is galvanized zinc, the standard silver-colored coating that probably comes to mind when you first think of chain link fences. Another popular option is vinyl in assorted colors.
You can speak to a local Louisiana contractor if you want to see what chain link fence options are in your area and what the different types of coatings cost. There are plenty of contractors in Caddo, Jefferson, Baton Rouge, New Orleans—pretty much any city will have several options for you to choose from as far as contractors go. It’s a good idea to find a local company who knows the unique challenges the Louisiana climate poses for s, and they’ll be able to let you know what considerations you have to make when selecting your exact type of chain link fence.
Rather than being a type of material a is made out of, a privacy fence explains the purpose of the . As you can probably guess, a privacy fence is a built on your property to offer some privacy to the people who live at your home. There are many reasons why you’d want to build a privacy fence. Some of these may include:
- Preventing people walking through the neighborhood from watching you or your children play
- Allowing people to suntan in your backyard without fear of peeping toms
- Keeping your family safe since intruders now have another barrier to cross when attempting to get into your home or backyard
- Keeping the animals in and safely out of reach of other animals roaming the neighborhood
- Stopping nosy neighbors from spying on your family and spreading gossip about you
There are many other reasons for building a privacy fence, but these are just a few to get you thinking about whether you need one yourself. The actual process of installing a privacy fence (or just about any other kind of ) on your property isn’t difficult, and if you hire someone to do it for you, it’s actually even easier.
If you do want to install the yourself, here are the basic steps you’ll want to follow:
- First, you’ll need to determine which kind of fence you want. Living outside of Saint Tammany is very different from living in New Orleans, so get the right kind of fence for your area and needs. (You can always ask for advice at a local hardware store if you’re not sure about anything.)
- Next, determine how big you want your fence to be. The size of the fence directly affects the cost of your project, so don’t purchase the materials until you’ve actually planned out the actual length the fence needs to be around your property.
- Once you’ve determined you want to build it yourself, you’ll need to start getting the area ready for your fence. Generally, this means simply digging holes for the posts to go. Make sure the holes are evenly space depending on how big the individual pieces of your fence are. Always take time to measure repeatedly before digging a hole.
- Next, stick in your fence posts.
- After you’ve marked where you want your fence posts to go, you’ll want to mix and pour concrete. Pay attention while mixing to make sure your concrete has the right thickness and consistency. Concrete that is too watery won’t hold your fence posts in, and concrete that is too thick can be difficult to work with.
- Allow the concrete to become fully dry after you place the posts in the ground. This will ensure that you don’t accidentally cause the to bow or warp when you install the other pieces to the posts.
- Finally, install the rest of the fence. You’ll probably need help for this. It will take a different amount of time to finish depending on how much fencing you’re installing.
Getting a new Louisiana fence on your property isn’t difficult. Whether you want a chain link fence, wooden fence, or vinyl fence for your privacy fence, you can easily find local, top rated fencing contractors to do it for you or install it yourself.
Feel free to Contact Us for a free quote or give us a call at 337-884-6433